Jeppiaar: M.A, B.L, Ph.D., Founder and Chairman
Dr. Jeppiaar, a man of success and a wide-angled ideologist is the chancellor of Sathyabama University . He is a leading educationist, industrialist, and philanthropist who has left an indelible mark in the field of politics under ex-Chief Minister Dr. M.G. Ramachandran's leadership.
He is noted for thinking ahead of times and for his progressive plans that are unique combination of vision, effective management and the spirit of promoting technical education. He has dedicated himself completely for promoting technical education and to spread knowledge amongst the youth of India .
He has also served as Chairman of Metro Water Board, Chennai and is serving as an Advocate in Chennai High Court. He is the President of the Tamil Nadu State Self-Financing Engineering Colleges Association and was a Member of the Legislative Council during late Dr. M.G.R's regime in Tamil Nadu. During this period he served as the chief whip of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
A multi faceted personality, he has defined long term social service plans such as a multi-specialty hospital for all groups of society, women care,education and multiple social awareness programs. His unique plans of providing food, transport and training for students in job oriented areas are being followed by many engineering colleges in the state.
Our group of Institution includes;
- Panimalar Engineering College
- Panimalar Polytechnic College
- Panimalar Institute of Technology
- Sathyabama University
- St. Joseph's College of Engineering
- St. Mary's School of Management
- Jeppiaar Engineering College
- SRR Engineering College
- Jeppiaar Mamallan Engineering College
- JET Iinternational School
- Jeppiaar Institute of Technology
Dr. P. Chinnadurai M.A., Ph.D
Secretary and Correspondent
Beacon light to aspiring students Dr. P. Chinnadurai implements the vision of Founder Chairman Dr. Jeppiaar to foster excellence in education by creating a congenial learning environment. As a man of immense potential and magnanimous personality, he aims to bring up the Panimalar Engineering College as a model engineering Institution in the world. He renders his sterling services to the student community. In achieving the objectives he is assisted by Tmt.C.Vijayarajeswari, and Thiru. C. Sakthi Kumar M.E., M.Phil., Directors.
Dr. Jeppiaar, M.A., B.L., Ph.D Founder & Chairman
Dr. P.Chinnadurai, M.A.,Ph.D Secretary & Correspondent
Tmt.C. Vijayarajeswari, Director
Thiru. C.Sakthi Kumar, M.E., M.Phil., Director
Engineering College Hihlights:
- Accreditated by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) Approved by All India Council For Technical Education, New Delhi , Government Of Tamil Nadu, affiliated to Anna University and Recognized By Government Of Tamil Nadu and Certified For ISO.
- Investments for developing infrastructure
are over Rs.100 crores with ongoing
expansion and developments.
- Member of associations such as
the Indian Society for Technical
Education, ISTE, IEEE, Madras Management
Association, MMA etc.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU),
with seven companies for Research
and Development such as BHEL, Cosmosoft,
ENPRO Industrial Automation (Subsidiary
of Allen Bradley), VI Micro Systems,
Iycot Tool Room (Malaysian Joint
Venture), Hash Software.etc.,
- Four industrial estates are situated
around the college where more than
1000 companies such as Hyundai,
Saint Gobain, HCL, TCS, Lucas-TVS,
Dunlop, TI etc. are located. These
companies provide industrial exposure
to the students through Inplant
Training and Research projects.
- Around 50 organizations have
recruited the students from Panimalar,
and some of the premier recruiters
are: Infosys, Accenture, Microsoft,
Satyam, Virtusa, Mahindra - British
Telecom, Polaris, Hexaware, Jet
Airways, Ingersoll-Rand (I) Ltd.,
Wipro, TCS, ISoft, IGate, HCL, Trilogy,
Computer Associates, Future Software,
Integrated Softech, Caritor India
Pvt. Ltd., Sara Elgi, Dhyan Infotech,
Larsen & Tubro Infotech, Sify
- The Panimalar students have also
received international offers from
Singapore based firms such as: Shanghai
Corporation, Sony Electronics, ST
Testing & Assembly Services
- The Panimalar students have undertaken
research projects and received awards
at the International Micro Robot
Maze Contest held at Japan and International
Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics
and Informatics held at Hyderabad.
- Each department conducts National
level symposiums annually to encourage
students to participate in National
and International Conferences.
- Each department identifies the
latest developments in their respective
line of study and provides special
classes on these chosen topics apart
from regular course of study.
- As a new initiative, students
with 75% and above scores are identified
and provided special technical training
on software skills apart from regular
course of study.
- One Auditorum (A/C) seating
capacity 3000, One Seminor Hall(A/C)
capacity 500, Five Audio Visual
halls (A/C), with seating capacity
of 200 each, Mini Theatre (A/C)
are some of the infrastructure highpoints.
- There are well equipped laboratories
with state of art machines, with
30 Pentium based IBM Servers controlling
800 Systems, and also imported machineries
from Germany for Auto Cad Lab
- Broadband Internet facilities
are provided with Optical Fiber
- UCO Bank ATM facilities are Available on Campus.
- Active Youth Red Cross,NSS and Citizen Consumer Club divisions of the college cultivate
in the student a responsibility
- Recognized by British Council,Chennai as an authorized training center for BEC(British English Certificate) courses.